posted 10 Jan 2013, 08:32 by C S Paul
Guide to a Better Life
Before Randy Pausch died of pancreatic cancer in 2008 he wrote the best seller book, The Last Lecture. In a letter to his wife Jai and his children, Dylan, Logan, and Chloe, he wrote this beautiful "Guide to a Better Life" for his wife and children.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
- GOD heals everything.
- Do the right things.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
- If you know GOD, you will always be happy. So, be happy.